A model is a spatial scale image of an object. Models are used in the design and presentation of finished projects. For example, when designing a house, an architect can use the model to evaluate the overall impression, the harmony of forms and colors. Looking at the model, he can make changes to the project, sometimes radical.
Each model or decoration is a complex structure consisting of many details of different shapes and textures. The modeler makes them with his own hands from different materials using various tools: a drill, a jigsaw, a lathe, a hammer, a glue gun, etc. He also paints parts. Thus, we can say for sure that from the whole listing of existing professions at https://resumesbot.com/ the modeler is the most multifaceted profession. It includes several crafts: joiner, turner, locksmith, painter, chaser, carver, engraver and electrician. In addition to this, he applies his engineering, technical and artistic abilities. Obviously, this is a rather complicated specialty, but it has a huge plus. In your resume work experience examples will be noted right away in several areas. After all, working as a modeler, you gain non-linear experience, and improve your skills in several areas at the same time.
What are the types of architectural models?
- Special purposes: allow you to show the features of a particular area: nature, relief, climatic zone.
- Industrial – give a visual representation of production facilities: production areas, factories, equipment, installation of workshops.
- Urban planning – model urban development: neighborhoods, areas and even the whole city.
- Interior – visualize the premises: apartments, offices, exhibitions, classrooms, conference rooms, etc.
- Transport models – narrowly specialized models depicting vehicles on a scale
What are transport models made of?
- Models can be made from various materials with their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Models made of cardboard and polystyrene foam have a low cost, but the term of use of such models is limited due to external influences: dust, moisture, etc.
- Models made of plastics and plexiglas are much more expensive, but they will last quite a long time.
- Films, wood and metal parts are also used.
- The foundations of such models are made of more durable materials to give structural stability.
How accurate are the transport models?
There are various degrees of detail for models.
If it is necessary to show only the general features of the depicted object, general detailing is used: the main elements, without any details.
Highly detailed models can contain small architectural forms, elements of landscaping and landscaping, vehicles, and even figures of people.
How to make the transport model more effective?
To increase the effectiveness of the model are used:
- Various types of backlight (LEDs, halogen)
- Audio effects (music, story about the project)
- Moving parts (traffic, various mechanisms, etc.)
- Remote control (backlight, audio, moving parts)
Why are architectural models needed?
Unlike other visualization methods, an architectural model is the most visual and complete way of representing an object. The spatial volume of the model creates the effect of presence near a real object. Thus, the model allows you to consider the depicted object in conjunction with the relief and features of the surrounding area. Speaking of transport models, they play an important role in mechanical engineering. Often these are technical models, that is, existing miniature models of vehicles, airplanes, and railroad cars.
Creating a model makes possible a preliminary comprehensive assessment of the object: it shows in miniature what will result from the developed drawings. It is the simulation that makes it possible to make adjustments to the design documentation before its implementation.
Due to its high visual and aesthetic properties, an architectural model is an effective sales tool that can instantly attract an investor to a project.